Membership includes an electronic Certificate of Membership, access to our online Forum, and voting rights in the bi-annual election of officers and other ballot initiatives submitted by the Executive Committee. Any family member whose official residence is the same as the member may race in CCWBRA regattas but shall not be a voting member of the Association. You will also receive the occasional but informative email with race results and upcoming events.
Release from Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in boat racing and other events and activities of or sponsored by the Cocktail Class Wooden Boat Racing Association, (the “Association”) and intending to be legally bound, the undersigned (“Participant”):
1. Represents that Participant is a legally responsible adult of sound mind, and is not under the
influence of drugs or alcohol.
2. Agrees that prior to participating, Participant will inspect the boat Participant intends to use, as well as all equipment, and the course, and if Participant believes anything is unsafe, Participant will immediately advise an official of the Association of such condition(s), and will refuse to participate.
3. Acknowledges and fully understands that Participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from his or her own actions but from the actions, or inactions of others, the rules of racing, the weather, the condition of or intrusions to the course, or the malfunction or condition of any equipment used. Further, Participant recognizes that there may arise other risks not known to, or foreseeable by, the Association at this time.
4. Assumes all of the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for any damages follow-
ing such injury, permanent disability or death.
5. Releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the Association, its affiliates, its officers, administrators, directors, agents, officials, and other employees or volunteers of the Association, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, the owners of lessors of the boats, the course and equipment used, (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or dam- ages on account of injury, including death, or damage to property, however caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the action, inaction, omissions or negligence of the releasees or otherwise under any theory of liability whatsoever.
6. This Release from Liability shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to conflict of laws provisions. The parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania. The parties further agree that any action against the Releasees shall be filed in Pennsylvania and that the venue for adjudication shall be the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County Pennsylvania.
THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANTS HAVE READ THIS RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND UNDERSTAND THEY WILL BE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.